Understanding Mold - update
Microscopic mold spores can and does exist in almost every enviornment. It can be outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. That is why we compare the inside air of your home or business to the outside air. This is how we are able to determine if the air within your space is safe.
Here are some facts about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. If the water source is not addressed, then mold will come back.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- High humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Hanover, Goochland & Caroline?
- We are faster to any disaster. A fast response limits damage and reduces cost. Mold can spread quickly, so something small can turn into something large.
- We are trained professionals and have Applied Microbial Remediation Specialists on staff 24/7.
It is important to mitigate any water damage that occurs in the home. A water damage that goes unattended can result in a larger problem, MOLD! Call SERVPRO of Hanover, Goochland & Caroline to help with water damages or mold remediation. We make it “Like it never even happened.”